Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A first blog post.

A first blog post. I have always thought of bloggers as people who are nothing like me, maybe stay-at-home mothers writing about their child's escapades, or a Peace Corps member keeping in touch with everyone at home... but here we go. I am going to start a blog.

About what? Well, about things I like, or rather things that strike me as being utterly fantastic. As far as specific subjects go, that remains to be seen - I think a lot of things are utterly fantastic. Let's see where we end up.

I intend to mention myself as little as possible, taking seriously Martha Gelhorn's opinion  that the better a story is, the less the reader is aware of the writer. Is that true these days, with social media constantly turning the lens on the self? We'll see how good I am at that.

Well, here goes...










No comments:

Post a Comment